Ozone is currently being used to amazing effect in conjunction with hydrogen peroxide to "balance" irrigation water so that optimal growing conditions are achieved in which plants, lawns and flowers grow stronger and healthier than ever before.
Below are the main benefits of this process of aeration of soil using activated oxygen or ozone:
• The irrigation water is enriched with activated oxygen, where various compounds are oxidized. The oxidation process is further enhanced with the addition of hydrogen peroxide.
• This water is fed into the main irrigation stream, releasing activated oxygen into the top layer of the soil, which creates an aerobic environment for plants to flourish in.
• Fruit and vegetables can be rinsed with water that is enriched with activated oxygen in order to inactivate bacteria and viruses and to suppress fungal growth.
• The air in the storage facility is treated with UV in order to prolong shelf life. Pathogenic microorganisms are controlled thus delaying the process of decay e.g. the control of powdery mildew.
• Our Agricultural Units enhance and greatly accelerate the biological degradation process of Soil Organic Matter (SOM), rendering more bio-available compounds which can be utilized by plants and beneficial micro-organisms.
• Soil structure, hydraulic conductivity and infiltration is improved (by SOM degradation), the use of fertilizers are minimized and surface crusting as well as soil collapse is mitigated.
• Pathogenic micro-organisms present in the soil and water are inactivated and thus controlled e.g. Pythium, Phytophtora, Fusarium and nematodes.
• Plant growth is vigorously stimulated which promotes healthier, a well balanced growth cycles and an increased capacity for survival due to improved soil quality, resulting in the improved assimilation of bio-available compounds during photosynthesis.
• Plants are less susceptible to disease and insect infestations.
• Crop yields can be increased.
• Elements e.g. Iron, Manganese and Zinc can be removed from the irrigation water.
• Blockage of the irrigation system is eliminated. The gradual cleaning process takes about three to six weeks of active irrigation.
• Our methods ensure corrosive free irrigation systems.
|Back||Back to top|